Click the link to download Job Application PDF. Applications must be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to email@example.com.
Mid-America Science Museum Official Job Description
Title: Exhibit Technician
Supervised by Director of Exhibits. Will work closely with Building and Facilities Department, but will also assist all other departments in the museum as needed and as directed by the Director of Exhibits.
Brief Position Summary:
The Exhibit Technician is a valued team member of the Exhibits Department, which is responsible for ensuring that all exhibits on the museum floor are properly functioning and the presentation of exhibits are up to the quality and standards expected by MASM as a first-class science museum. Other responsibilities of this position include museum audio/visual elements and grounds and facilities maintenance as assigned. The Exhibit Technician must be a team player who is willing to help other team members as needed. This position also works after hours events as requested and participates in the overall cleanliness of the museum. Superior guest service is the primary goal of all team members of Mid-America Science Museum, therefore, the Exhibit Technician must be willing to guide, inform and assist guests in a cheerful and engaging manner.
Description of Duties:
* Conducts regular cleaning and maintenance of all museum exhibits inside and outside the facility.
* Repairs broken exhibits and works with museum staff to effectively prioritize a repair schedule for exhibits
* Upholds exhibits maintenance schedule and checklists with other Exhibit Department team members
* Works with Director of Exhibits and other team members to install and de-install traveling exhibits
* Performs daily opening and closing procedures
* Assists Director of Building and Facilities with grounds maintenance, including, but not limited to, trash removal, walkway cleaning and mowing and weed-eating the grounds.
* Works with museum educators and floor staff to ensure quality communication with each other and museum guests
* Monitors and evaluates museum audio/visual elements including all museum lighting elements, public address system, and music selection
* Works proportionate share of after-hours events
* Participates in all training exercises provided by the museum
Requirements and Special Skills
* Must have mechanical abilities and educational background related to engineering and/or skilled trades that apply to the daily tasks required to perform stated position
* Must have a positive attitude and is a team player who willing to take on extra tasks as assigned
* Must be well organized, responsive to other team members
* Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
* Ability to lift 30 – 60 lbs
* Knowledge of heavy equipment operation preferred
* Museum experience preferred but not require
Click the link to download Job Application PDF.
Applications must be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.