Click the link to download Job Application PDF. Applications may be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to email@example.com.
Mid-America Science Museum Official Job Description
Must have a desire to educate, engage and entertain people of all ages with science-based presentations that are fun and enlightening through an infectious enthusiasm and strong charisma. Basic schedule management, database management and departmental inventory regulation will require strong organizational and time management skills. Premium customer service is required at all times while representing the Mid-America Science Museum. The Educator is responsible for visitor interaction on the museum floor and will use informal and phenomena-based learning techniques to facilitate exhibits and provide demonstrations for visitors. The Educator will assist with the check-in of field trips and other groups and will work closely with other education staff and volunteers to provide a positive experience for visitors. The Educator leads museum classes of up to 30 students and performs science demonstrations in the museum and in outreach venues as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Education
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related experience preferred in education, science or related field.
Experience Required: Three years teaching or related experience.
Description of Duties:
* Assist visitors with exhibit operations on museum floor by facilitating exhibits
* Use inquiry and other informal learning techniques to engage and inspire visitors of all ages
* Assist with field trips and group visits to the museum
* Assist in training new volunteers
* Provide excellent customer service to all museum guests
* Execute floor demonstrations on a daily basis
* Constantly evaluate and monitor the status of exhibits and work with exhibit technicians to ensure timely maintenance and repair
* Ensure museum floor is presentable and clean
* Operate Tesla Coil and conduct theater and Digital Dome shows as needed
* Must work proportionate share of special events
* Participate on team projects in writing educational programming in area of specialization and as assigned by the Director of Education.
* Present classes and demonstrations in museum and in outreach venues as assigned
* Maintain all teaching supplies, props, models, specimens, etc. in classroom and office areas
* Organize and maintain supplies and materials used for programs and ensure cleanliness of all work areas
* Provide museum floor coverage as scheduled
* Provide general backup to present programs as assigned
* Lead museum camps as assigned and provide backup assistance to other staff members during camps
* Perform educational outreach programs at schools, libraries, and other public events as assigned
* Conduct programming for special events, mini-events, and special programming
* Provide feedback on educational programming, experiments and events to promote constant improvement
* Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Special Skills and Abilities
* Bachelor’s degree or related experience in education, computer science, chemistry, biology, environmental science, geology, physics, astronomy or a related field
* Experience in 3D printing, micro technology, engineering or robotics preferred
* Must be able to work independently and with a group
* Teaching experience preferred
* Organizational and time management skills are a must
* Proficiency in Microsoft and Mac operating systems and related software are preferred
* Must be engaging, outgoing, patient, and able to relate to and work with a wide variety of individuals and people of all ages
* Work a flexible schedule occasionally unsupervised
* Must be available for evening and weekend work hours and work proportionate share of those time
* Be able to lift up to 30 lbs
* Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
Click the link to download Job Application PDF.
Applications may be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link to download Job Application PDF. Applications may be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to email@example.com.
Mid-America Science Museum Official Job Description
Title: Volunteer Coordinator (Part-Time)
Job Summary: To recruit, train and supervise adult and teen volunteers to serve in various capacities within the Museum; interview and place volunteers; acts as liaison between staff and volunteers for assignment; record and compute volunteer hours monthly; create and update/maintain volunteer brochures and training manual; assist with Team Tesla program as needed. To arrange for volunteers to be recognized and rewarded appropriately.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Education: College level coursework
Experience Required: Experience working with volunteers
Computer skills: proficient in basic computer applications
Excellent organizational skills
Strong communication skills
Demonstrate good customer relations skills in dealing with donors, members, volunteers, museum visitors and staff
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the museum.
- Create and or update/maintain volunteer brochures and training manual.
- Maintain volunteer service descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations, to include guest services, education, exhibits, marketing, and special events.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
- Schedule all volunteer activity.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend and implement changes as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Record and compute volunteer hours monthly.
- Host and attend recruiting events with in the community to attract qualified candidates
- Coordinate/chair assigned special events, mini-events, and special programming.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations with the area.
- Identify community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets and organizations.
- Work with marketing director to publicize opportunities for volunteers.
- Develop and oversee program budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications may be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.