Click the link to download Job Application PDF. Applications may be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-America Science Museum Official Job Description
Must have a desire to educate, engage and entertain people of all ages with science-based presentations that are fun and enlightening through an infectious enthusiasm and strong charisma. Basic schedule management, database management and departmental inventory regulation will require strong organizational and time management skills. Premium customer service is required at all times while representing the Mid-America Science Museum. The Educator is responsible for visitor interaction on the museum floor and will use informal and phenomena-based learning techniques to facilitate exhibits and provide demonstrations for visitors. The Educator will assist with the check-in of field trips and other groups and will work closely with other education staff and volunteers to provide a positive experience for visitors. The Educator leads museum classes of up to 30 students and performs science demonstrations in the museum and in outreach venues as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Education
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related experience preferred in education, science or related field.
Experience Required: Three years teaching or related experience.
Description of Duties:
* Assist visitors with exhibit operations on museum floor by facilitating exhibits
* Use inquiry and other informal learning techniques to engage and inspire visitors of all ages
* Assist with field trips and group visits to the museum
* Assist in training new volunteers
* Provide excellent customer service to all museum guests
* Execute floor demonstrations on a daily basis
* Constantly evaluate and monitor the status of exhibits and work with exhibit technicians to ensure timely maintenance and repair
* Ensure museum floor is presentable and clean
* Operate Tesla Coil and conduct theater and Digital Dome shows as needed
* Must work proportionate share of special events
* Participate on team projects in writing educational programming in area of specialization and as assigned by the Director of Education.
* Present classes and demonstrations in museum and in outreach venues as assigned
* Maintain all teaching supplies, props, models, specimens, etc. in classroom and office areas
* Organize and maintain supplies and materials used for programs and ensure cleanliness of all work areas
* Provide museum floor coverage as scheduled
* Provide general backup to present programs as assigned
* Lead museum camps as assigned and provide backup assistance to other staff members during camps
* Perform educational outreach programs at schools, libraries, and other public events as assigned
* Conduct programming for special events, mini-events, and special programming
* Provide feedback on educational programming, experiments and events to promote constant improvement
* Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Special Skills and Abilities
* Bachelor’s degree or related experience in education, computer science, chemistry, biology, environmental science, geology, physics, astronomy or a related field
* Experience in 3D printing, micro technology, engineering or robotics preferred
* Must be able to work independently and with a group
* Teaching experience preferred
* Organizational and time management skills are a must
* Proficiency in Microsoft and Mac operating systems and related software are preferred
* Must be engaging, outgoing, patient, and able to relate to and work with a wide variety of individuals and people of all ages
* Work a flexible schedule occasionally unsupervised
* Must be available for evening and weekend work hours and work proportionate share of those time
* Be able to lift up to 30 lbs
* Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
Click the link to download Job Application PDF.
Applications may be mailed to: 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913 or they may be emailed to email@example.com.