Looking to Book an Event?
Take a Trip Down Memory Lane and Share Toy Experiences with the Whole Family.
What was your childhood passion? Jump roping? Star Wars(r) collectibles? Baking in an Easy Bake Oven? Whatever was your favorite toy then and now, you’re sure to find it in the TOYTOPIA exhibit! Toytopia is sure to rekindle the wonder and delight of your favorite childhood moments and where you can play all day in a world of big toys.
Toytopia is the one of the premier exhibits created by the Stage Nine Exhibitions. Their exhibits have travelled internationally and been exhibited at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, Orlando Science Center, and the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver, Canada.
Toytopia will feature several special exhibits:
- The World’s Largest Etch A Sketch, close to 8’ tall
- Retro Arcade Area, with working classic games
- A life-size Doll House, with engaging play areas
- Life-Size Monopoly Car and game board, Visitors can sit inside for a unique photo opportunity
- LEGO Play Area/LEGO Wall
- LEGO Train layout, a fanciful working electric train layout runs through an inventive LEGO landscape
- Our Signature Jack in The Box explores the science of toys, from Furby® toradiometers, plus magnetic interactive play walls
- Schylling Tin Toys – See how tin toys are created out of simple sheets of tin
- Keva Planks, Lincoln Logs and Brain Teasers play areas.
Showcasing a wide array of toymakers such as Hasbro®, Duncan Yo-Yo®, Schleich®, Breyer®, Crayola®, KNEX® (Lincoln Logs®) and many more, visitors of all ages will be transported into a world of nostalgia, where they can discover the origins of their favorite toys, who made them, and why they continue to be beloved.
From the earliest tin toys to the hottest trends of today, Toytopia offers fascinating insights into the evolution of toys throughout the twentieth century.
General admission tickets are good for a one time visit and expire 7 days from the date of purchase.
Please present your receipt at the front desk when you arrive.
Mid-America Science Museum is following state and federal guidelines for a healthy and safe environment during the pandemic.