Deadline to Apply: June 1st
(501) 767-3461 ext. 3669
Passion for Science?
Share it as a Team Tesla volunteer!
Team Tesla Volunteers will develop leadership skills while assisting Mid-America Science Museum staff members in the necessary duties to effectively execute daily operations as well as special events. Team Tesla Volunteers will work alongside Museum educators and will be student leaders at summer camp and other special events. This is an opportunity to take part in a volunteer program which will introduce students ages 14-18 to the world of volunteering in an environment which fosters a passion for science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
Team Tesla participants will be selected from a pool of applicants who complete the application process. Those selected to move forward will be scheduled for an interview. Successful candidates will be notified via phone call. This process provides teens an opportunity to develop skills needed to obtain their first job. Selected applicants will have additional opportunities to participate in the ongoing teen volunteer program. Parents/guardians will need to provide verbal and written confirmation acknowledging their agreement and understanding of the program requirements.
Can You Answer "YES" to the Following Questions?
- Are you at least 14?
- Are you able to commit to volunteering a minimum of 5 hours a month either in the gallery or at a special event presented by the museum?
- Will you be able to fulfill these program application requirements?
How to Become a Team Tesla Volunteer
- Complete the volunteer application
- Submit a one-half page response to the question “Why would you like to volunteer at Mid-America Science Museum”
- Submit two letters of reference from a present or former educator and/or a community leader who is NOT related to you
- Provide a written letter from your parent or guardian stating permission to join the program
- Attend a scheduled interview
Team Tesla Volunteer
"*" indicates required fields